Survivor of deadly mushroom mystery in Australia leaves hospital

An Australian man who unknowingly consumed the same dish which was having deadly mushrooms that took lives of three other diners been released from hospital, his family reported. Around two months after consuming a beef Wellington dish – which police believe contained “death cap” mushrooms – during a family lunch, Ian Wilkinson left the hospital, relatives conveyed in a statement in the evening on Saturday. Each lethal mushroom has enough poison to take away life of a healthy adult, experts say. Besides having fallen seriously ill after consuming the contaminated meal, Mr Wilkinson had made “some progress in his recovery” and was discharged on Friday, his family said.